ONEyouth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ONEyouth

grow . give . seek . unite . share

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Responsibiliy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
*YingYi*

*YingYi*

Responsibiliy Empty
PostSubject: Responsibiliy   Responsibiliy Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 6:34 pm

this i take from my brother malaysian fellowship blog..
hope that you can learn something!^^
Responsibility

Responsibility is one of the key elements that lacks not only in today's society but also in today's Church. We are very often quick to point fingers and to blame everyone but ourselves. Instead of stepping up and taking responsibly to be a part of the solution, many prefer to sit back and expect others to serve.

However, the Bible clearly tells us ALL to be of service :

“..you were called…to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it…to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up” (Ephesians4:4,7,12)

This means that you and I are called to serve and build His kingdom together. So lets not just serve half-heartedly but to serve with responsibility. Why is it important for us to be responsible when serving?

Without responsibility, there is no initiative
Lets take a moment and consider... How many of us would be the first to offer our help to clean the toilet, do the dishes, or to setup things before our church/fellowship begins? How many of us would quickly raise our hands and ask, "What can i do to help"? or respond "Here I am, I'll do it"?

That's something to really think about. We got to be responsible and take up the initiative to serve. Besides that, Initiative also involves being active in putting forward ideas and carrying them out to the best of our abilities.

Without responsibility, there is no quality.
Without responsibility we tend to do things half-heartedly with a carefree attitude. How many of us realize that the church and God usually get leftovers? Leftover time, used furniture, spare change, the list goes on. We tend to think that whatever contribution we can give should be good enough for God. When we do not take the position of responsibility, we do not give our best to God. We can use the most of our brains to memorize loads of text for tests but do we do the same with God’s word?

God’s word clearly instructs us to give our best to Him, to do our best to present ourselves to God as one approved (2 Tim 2:15) and to work with all our heart in whatever we do as working for the Lord (Colossians 3:23).

Without responsibility, there is no maturity.

Maturity is the beginning of selflessness in a believer. Our attitude changes. Instead of asking, “What can I get?” the believer begins asking, “What can I give?”.

This was exactly the attitude of Christ: Just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many ( Matthew 20:28)

Everything that we have learned from God’s word needs to be practiced. Our belief needs to be acted out. All this can only be done when we take it as our responsibility to do so.

All of us have to take a look at ourselves and at God. In our life, have we taken up the

responsibility of the calling of God for us to serve? It really boils down to us. It is our choice whether we want to become responsible believers or not. God has called all of us and is faithfully waiting for you and I.
Back to top Go down

Responsibiliy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ONEyouth :: STRESSED ?? :: Inspirational-
Jump to: