ONEyouth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ONEyouth

grow . give . seek . unite . share

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Finding it hard to balance studies and church?

Go down 
+3
pEpPeR
*YingYi*
eruadan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
eruadan
eruadan

Finding it hard to balance studies and church? Empty
PostSubject: Finding it hard to balance studies and church?   Finding it hard to balance studies and church? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 2:35 pm

Hey everyone..
Here's a section from "A Letter to God" which I wrote. I wrote this in response to all the things that have been happening in my life in Australia.

"...I am going to be going through a heck of a time within these two months. I have so many assignments, and so little time. I am under tremendous pressure to do well in this final semester, and I have a whole new set of responsibilities at church. These responsibilities are really eating into the time I have in a day, and any ordinary person with a good sense of priorities will obviously neglect their church responsibilities for studies. The problem is, those "good sense" is actually the "wrong sense." Neglecting my responsibilities makes me like the servant who was entrusted with one talent, but he buried it instead of investing in it. I do not want to be like that servant, but I want to be like the other two servants who were entrusted with five and two talents respectively, but took the initiative to invest in those talents.

What I ask for, God, is not for You to reduce my responsibilities, but to teach me how to maximise my time in order to fulfill my two responsibilities, one as a student, and another as Your faithful servant. Teach me how not to waste my time doing useless things that eventually lead me to sin, but to use my time as a person who excels both at university as well as in church..." (Read the full letter at my blog.)

I've seen people who remain in God and keep God's Word in their hearts serve God in really big ways, and yet they still do well in their studies. Why? Because God says in John 15:7 that "If you abide in Me and My words abide in you, you may ask anything in My Name and it will be done!" What a promise!

I totally understand your situation when it comes to studying and serving God. I have experienced the problem of neglecting God for studies, and I also have experienced the problem of neglecting studies for God. Both situations is totally not God's plan for you because He wants you to be a responsible student as well as to be His faithful servant. Remember to ask God for guidance in everything you do. And remember this: "Let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No' be 'No.'" (Matthew 5:37) So, think carefully before you are asked to do something.

May God bless all your studies, and remember to put God first!
Back to top Go down
http://eruadan.blogspot.com
*YingYi*

*YingYi*

PostSubject: Re: Finding it hard to balance studies and church?   Finding it hard to balance studies and church? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 4:24 pm

thanks gab..it help me too..it seem like everyday also no time..but actually spending time with doing rubbish thing. Mad

lol! i am too lazy to do my homework la..
Back to top Go down
pEpPeR

pEpPeR

PostSubject: Re: Finding it hard to balance studies and church?   Finding it hard to balance studies and church? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 6:53 pm

wkwkwkwkwkwkwk
same here
have to balance lor XD
Back to top Go down
*b!b!*

*b!b!*

PostSubject: Re: Finding it hard to balance studies and church?   Finding it hard to balance studies and church? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 8:01 pm

me too... i like that verse.. John 15:7
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Finding it hard to balance studies and church?   Finding it hard to balance studies and church? Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 1:53 pm

Yup I agree.. I even experienced it before.. But I also realised that without Him What I get today is meaningless and even if I had all the riches in the world but if Jesus wasnt in our lives.. Even if 1 billion dollars drop at your doorstep evryday, it is worth nothing.. For I understand the best thing that You can have is being with Jesus all the days of your live.. If we put God first He will bless us.. and just be thankful even for good results or bad results.. Smile
Back to top Go down
kelvintan_mobile

kelvintan_mobile

Location : Seri kembangan , slangor ,, bukit beruang , ayer keroh , mlk

PostSubject: Re: Finding it hard to balance studies and church?   Finding it hard to balance studies and church? Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 8:19 pm

one for u , AMEN!
Back to top Go down
*b!b!*

*b!b!*

PostSubject: Re: Finding it hard to balance studies and church?   Finding it hard to balance studies and church? Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 11:52 pm

ya... i found out that even if i oways get 1st in the whole form, i'm still not satisfied and happy... worse, i feel so pressured everytime near exam..
but the good thing is i found out that God's love can fill the emptiness in me! ^^
Back to top Go down
eruadan
eruadan

PostSubject: Re: Finding it hard to balance studies and church?   Finding it hard to balance studies and church? Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 9:07 am

*b!b!* wrote:
ya... i found out that even if i oways get 1st in the whole form, i'm still not satisfied and happy... worse, i feel so pressured everytime near exam..
but the good thing is i found out that God's love can fill the emptiness in me! ^^
You're absolutely right.. At Form 4 and Form 5, I consistently scored the highest in the entire art stream for Science. But that always made me want something more than just that.. It's always like that.. Once you achieve something, you want more. Without God, this could turn into an unhealthy obsession.. That's really dangerous..
Back to top Go down
http://eruadan.blogspot.com
*YingYi*

*YingYi*

PostSubject: Re: Finding it hard to balance studies and church?   Finding it hard to balance studies and church? Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 8:12 pm

my exam also coming liao..everytime is God bless me with those result..even i am last minute ppl.. lol!
Back to top Go down
*b!b!*

*b!b!*

PostSubject: Re: Finding it hard to balance studies and church?   Finding it hard to balance studies and church? Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 10:54 pm

haha.. me too...
last time i din study for english paper 1 at all..
and i got the 98 which is the highest mark!! i was so shocked..
Back to top Go down
+~menuiq~+
Admin
+~menuiq~+

PostSubject: Re: Finding it hard to balance studies and church?   Finding it hard to balance studies and church? Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 10:23 am

Me 2.. I NEVER study for english.. cause I don't really know what to study.. But I Never fail... And get high marks!!!!! wahahah God's work!
Back to top Go down
http://www.menuiq.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finding it hard to balance studies and church?   Finding it hard to balance studies and church? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finding it hard to balance studies and church?
Page 1 of 1